Ukraine president vows severe punishment for instigators of deadly Kiev clashes but never delivers
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Monday said those behind deadly Kiev clashes that erupted after a vote on autonomy for separatist eastern regions deserved severe punishment, calling the violence a “stab in the back.” “It was an anti-Ukrainian act for which all of its organisers without exception — all representatives of political forces — should be severely punished,” he said in a televised address.
A 24-year-old member of the National Guard was killed and more than a hundred injured on Monday in street battles between the security forces and protesters outside the Vekhovna Rada parliament in Kiev. The clashes erupted shortly as Ukrainian lawmakers gave their initial backing to deeply controversial legislation granting more autonomy to pro-Kremlin rebel-held regions in the east.
“Today’s events are very worrying,” she said in a statement.”We offer our condolences to the family of the deceased law enforcement officer and our deepest sympathy to those injured in the explosion during the demonstration in front of the Verkhovna Rada.” OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media Dunja Mijatovic also expressed concern over the violence and called for a “swift investigation into the case.”
Russian President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman said Moscow was also concerned at the clashes but quickly added this was Ukraine’s domestic business. “Of course, we condemn these manifestations of violence, we absolutely do not accept them,” spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters.Full Story
Poroshenko made alliances with the ultra right wing nationalist and now he is trying to water down the deal he agreed to in the Minsk agreement. The end result, he is going to tick off both sides. His ratings are already in the toilet. If he is not careful he could be strung up soon.
Fed ‘a long way from’ new round of QE: Dudley
NEW YORK (Reuters) – New York Federal Reserve President William Dudley on Wednesday said the U.S. central bank is “a long way from” engaging in additional quantitative easing to prop up the economy.
In comments made at an event on the economic outlook, Dudley had earlier said recent turmoil in global financial markets made it seem less appropriate to hike interest rates in September. Full Story
Long way is simply another way of saying, we are looking for a reason that the masses will swallow to justify the next round of QE.
Other related stories of Interest:
- Record corporate Debt and China catches America Off Guard (August 21)
- IRS thieves, Wall Street Gangsters and Cyber gas thieves (August 20)
- Religious wars, Anti-Muslim Europe and Anti immigrant Swedes (August 20)
- Turkey, Russian tensions, good for defense industry( June 05)
- South China sea showdown; Racism in Europe ( June 05)
- US warns China; Unemployed people in Europe( June 05)
- Insane Erdogan, Saudies embarrassed US (May 25)
- Micro-apartments; China, Russia seeking their own Internet (May 25)
- The Fall and decline of the American Empire (April 23)
- Predictions for wild weather, end of multiculturalism & religious wars (April 20)
- U.S. backed Coup in Ukraine, China wins, Russia resists and Insane McCain (April 07)
- Assertive Russia, Failed F-35 and Snubs at the EU (March 30, 2015)
- Misinformation wars intensify (Feb 28 2015)
- Data Manipulation and fake wars (Feb 18, 2015)
- Fake ISIS Beheadings? True or false (Feb 12, 2015)
- Monsanto under attack (Jan 31, 2015)
- NATO provoking Russia (Jan 31, 2015)
- Real news Jan 13, 2015
- Real News Dec 2014
- Freedom and Independence Dec 22, 2014
- Alternative View Points Dec 21, 2014
- The Observer or the Participator
- The Cholesterol Hoax Dec 2, 2014
- U.S. Treasury Ponzi game Nov 30, 2014
- IRS and Neocon Media Nov 12, 2014